the Museum of the Caricature of Vianden with the cooperation of Les Amis du Château de Vianden, Naturpark OUR and CartoonArt.lu are pleased to announce the 4thINTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF CARICATURE AND CARTOON OF VIANDEN 2011
1. Subject: Capitalism
2. Deadline: 15 th March 2011
3. Prizes: Adult category: 1 prize: 3000€ + trophy, 2 prize: 2000€ + trophy, 3 prize:1000€ + trophy; four honourable mentions
Youth category: Prize: 500€ Shopping Center Belle Etoile + trophy. This is a special category for people who are no older than 25 and who are currently residents of the Grande Région (including Wallonia, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland, Lorraine, and Luxembourg). This deadline is 15th July 2011.
4. Entries: Initially, each participant can submit up to 3 entries in digital format by sending them to the following address: email@example.com. The author must include the following details in his or her e-mail: first name, last name, complete address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, as well as the category and the title or the number of each submission. The specifications for these electronic submissions are as follows: format JPEG, good quality, and max. 1MB per picture. If, for some reason, the participant is unable to submit his or her work via e-mail, he or she may submit the original prints via regular mail. Out of these submissions, the jury will make a selection of 90-120 drawings and will ask the artists to send in the original documents via regular mail. All these originals will be shown in the exhibition and in the catalogue. Their size should be between DIN A4 (210x297mm) and DIN A3 (297x420mm); furthermore, the paper should be of high quality. The drawings must not be folded or included in a passe-partout. On the backside of every drawing, the artist needs to indicate his/her first name, last name, complete address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, as well as the category and the title or the number of the work. This deadline is 8th April 2011.
5. Technique: Free, black and white or in colour, without subtitles. Printouts of digitally created drawings will be accepted, but will not be returned. The submitted drawings must be signed by the artist on the backside. Photos, collages, photocopies and coloured b&w reproductions will be eliminated.
6. Exhibition: The award ceremony for the adult category will be held on 7th May 2011 in Castle Vianden and the exhibition will take place in the Hall of the Knights of Castle Vianden from 8th May until 5th June 2010. There are plans to display the exhibits in the Museum of Caricature and Cartoon of Vianden and in other cities until June 2012. The award ceremony of the youth category will be held during the opening of the itinerant exhibition at the Shopping Center Belle Etoile in Bertrange.
7. Returns: At the end of this series of exhibitions, the original drawings will be returned to their authors. The drawings that were awarded one of the prizes will not be returned. They will become property of the organizer. The organizer cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage that might occur during shipping.
8. Catalogue: The authors whose submissions are selected for the exhibition will receive a free catalogue by mail upon return of his or her submissions. Prize winners will get their catalogue at the award ceremony.
9. Results: The results will be published on the website www.caricature.eu on 8th May 2011. The award winners selected by the jury will be personally informed via e-mail or by phone. The final decisions of the jury are incontestable.
10. Copyright: The selected participants give the organizers permission to use their drawings only for promoting the artist and the event itself. Every other aspect of the copyright remains with the artist (except for the awarded submissions). It ensues that the awarded works can no longer be submitted in other contests or published by their authors or third parties after the official publication of the results.
11. Generalities: The submitted work should not have been awarded or published before the deadline of this contest. Artists interested in selling their work will need to label the backsides of their drawings with the words “for sale” and the selling price. By taking part in this contest, the participants accept the abovementioned rules.
12. Submission address:
Musée de la Caricature et du Cartoon de Vianden
L - 9410 VIANDEN
13. Further informations:
Florin BALABAN Phone nr.: 00352 – 621 28 37 90 Pol LEURS Phone nr.: Phone: 00352 – 78 83 18 firstname.lastname@example.org