1. The contest is open to all the cartoonists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world. It's possible to participate out of the competition. That request excludes the author
from award of the prizes.
2. The theme of the contest is: EUREKA! The inventions that led to the progress of civilization.
3. The authors can participate with a maximum of 3 works (Cartoons or Strips) inherent to the theme proposed in connection with the man, his existence and the society, seen in humorous
view-point. The works, for being able to be comprised all over the world beyond every linguistic barrier, will have to be without dialogue or texts.
4. The works can be sent by e-mail to address:email@example.com
or through these services:
- WeTransfer (http://www.wetransfer.com)
- DropBox (http://www.dropbox.com)
- google Drive (http://drive.google.com)
together with the application form with all the informations of the author, available on the website www.umoristiamarostica.it
The works, in black/white or color made and any technique, must be in
GIF, JPG, PNG or PDF format, in 300dpi resolution, saved in high
quality and the weight shall not be greater than 5MB for each
file.Files larger will not be accepted.
5. The deadline for works reception is set at MARCH 18,
6. The authors selected by the Jury will have to send the original works or digital prints numbered and signed.
Photocopies are not accepted.
The works must be sent (postage paid by the sender and without frames or glass), by
April 15, 2013 to the following address:
UMORISTI A MAROSTICA
PIAZZA CASTELLO, 12
36063 Marostica (VI)
7. The acceptance of the works, the selection, and the assigning of the prizes are completely up to the Jury nominated by Artistic Direction and
"Gruppo Grafico Marosticense". The Jury's decisions are final.
8. The Jury will award the "International Grand Prix Scacchiera", the Special prize "Sandro Carlesso", the Special prize "Marco Sartore" and
10 Special prizes "Umoristi a Marostica".
Other special prizes or honorary mentions may be awarded.
9. The results of the Jury will be given directly to all the participating artists by email or mail and published on the web site www.umoristiamarostica.it within April 2013.
10. The opening ceremony and the prize distribution will have place on
May 11, 2013 at
Castello Inferiore of Marostica. The exhibition will remain opened until
June 16, 2013.
11. All the authors selected for the catalogue will receive a free copy of it.
All the other participants not selected will be able to demand the catalogue compiling the module on the site www.umoristiamarostica.it
12. The prize-winning and exposed works as well as digital prints will not be returned and will be included in the collection of "Umoristi a
Only the original and non-exposed works will be returned by request and with shipping charge.
13. The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" reserves the right to authorize the reproduction of the work citing the author with the words "Takenfrom Umoristi a Marostica", without any payment. The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" is not responsible for transport damages.
14. The participation in the contest implies the complete acceptance of all the conditions and rules from the author.
*Jury Umoristi a Marostica 2013
Margherita Allegri - cartoonist
Antonio Antunes – caricaturist, Director of WPC,World Press Cartoon (Portogallo)
Ferruccio Giromini - journalist
Ross Thompson - cartoonist (UK)
Marco Tonus - cartoonist
Alessandro Tich – journalist
Gióx & Maurizio Minoggio - cartoonists, Artistic Directors
of "Umoristi a Marostica"
Municipality of Marostica Gruppo Grafico Marosticense
*Timetable of Umoristi a Marostica 2013
Deadline for application: March 18, 2013
Deadline for reception of selected works: April 15, 2013
Jury meeting: March 23-14, 2013
Opening and prize distribution: May 11, 2013
Exhibition: May 11 - June 16, 2013