Dear Cartoonist Friend, Eskişehir International Cartoon Festival is a cultural activity held every two years by Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association. This year, we are organizing the of the festival, which started in Istanbul and has been 12 th continued in Eskişehir. In previous years; Karma (1997), East West (2000), Water and Life (2003), Global Warming (2005), Intercultural Tolerance (2007), Energy (2009), Philosophy (2012), Volunteering (2014), World Heritage (2016), Black and White 'Reconciliation' (2018) issues were held. The theme of the 11 th Dissmilarity festival was and Uniformity. 324 cartoonists participated in the festival with 1152 cartoons from 61 different countries. The festival was held online due to the pandemic.
The theme of the International Eskişehir Cartoon Festival, which we are organizing for the 12th time this year, was determined as "Migration". Within the voluntary work in many fields that has been carried out, Aktffelsefe offers a holistic path of development to the individual and the society itself. Throughout this path, it intends to provide some solutions to the problems of today’s world. In this direction, the concept of 'Migration', which is simply defined as "moving from one place to another" but leaves a deep impact on both the individual and the society, constitutes the subject of the 12th International Eskişehir Cartoon Festival. Throughout history, the individual and the community have had to leave their country for many geographical, economic, social, political and religious reasons. This separation, which is defined as migration, has brought many effects on both people and places. Migration, which can be considered as an equation with many unknowns, is one of the most current problems of our world. Today, people do not migrate for reasons that can be considered more innocent such as climate changes or famine, as in ancient times. This issue has reached a point that invites all citizens of the world to think. This issue has reached a point that invites all citizens of the world to think in a realistic way. Contrary to popular belief, the concept of migration is not a one-sided concept. On the one hand, those who had to leave their regular lives for whatever reason, and on the other hand, the inclusion of people with different socio-cultural habits into the settled life style... Of course, countries have immigration policies and there are many legal regulations regarding immigrant rights. However, besides all of these, there is a great need to feel and understand deeply once again that we, as humanity, are beings living in the bosom of nature. Two big questions about humanity; ‘where did we come from and where are we going? From a philosophical point of view, we can talk about a migration experience for each individual. We were all born and came from somewhere. We die and we go somewhere. Are we aware that we are guests in any location on the planet only for a temporary period? This planet is a home for all of us and we must remember once again the law that makes it vital in every sense: "Balance". Let’s remember that an event that takes place in one place concerns the whole. No matter what happens, the world always tries to return to the equilibrium point. Searching marginal solutions and imagining fantastic dreams while escaping the traps such as fanaticism and discrimination brought about by imm igration will be a new, mental and conformist trap for us. Instead, we must bring to light a healthy balance first within ourselves as individuals and then among people all over the world as a large family. We can say that the fruits of all kinds of endeav or that will be given in this direction will create a better life opportunity for everyone. Let's repeat the idea of "A better person and a better world", which we, as Aktiffelsefe, have been trying to build for 33 years, for our 12th International Cart oon Festival by examining the concept of "Migration" this year. The works to be exhibited at this festival will be presented in offices of Aktiffelsefe in different cities of Turkey such as Antalya, Bursa, Eskişehir, Istanbu l, Izmir, Izmit, Mersin later. different branch Adana, Ankara, Also, they will be exhibited through other organizations in abroad with which Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association cooperates for the artlovers.
ACTIVITIES DURING THE FESTIVAL :
1) 2) EXHIBITIONS : There will be an exhibition of ‘Migrition’ on December 2022. PANEL: the cartoons with the theme There will be a panel with the theme ‘Migrition’ with the participation of invited guests from art, science and philosophy branches.
3) ACTIVITIES: There will be different activities in the ex hibition area.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION : Theme: The theme of the exhibiton is “Our Differences and Similarities”. Cartoons with different subjects can not participate in the festival nor the exhibition. Organizing Committee has all the rights. The Committee works under the leadership of the cartoonist Tan Oral. Technique:
1. Technique is free. It can be black white or coloured.
2. Size is A4 or A3. Cartoons with sizes other than these will be evaluated but not be exhibited.
3. One or more than one cartoon can be sent.
SENDING TERMS (POSSIBLE IN TWO WAYS) 1. Via E-mail: email@example.com The works that will be sent via e-mail should be scanned with 300 dpi resolution and uploaded as JPEG format. (2 MB max.) Names of the works should be as follows: name and surname of the artist_country_work no.jpeg (alikorkmaz_turkiye_1)
2. Via postal office: The works that will be sent via post should not be framed or paspartu. The participation form attached should be filled and resent. Postal Address: Aktiffelsefe Kültür Derneği Vişnelik Mah. Gül Sok. No:18 26020 Eskişehir –Turkey The informations should be add to the mail or post: Name and Surname, Country If you send us your instagram account, we would like to tag you in our social media posts
RESENDING OF THE WORKS
1. The works will be archived in Aktiffelsefe International Cartoon Festival archives and will not be resent. (If resending is required, it should be declared.)
USING RIGHTS OF THE WORKS • All the rights belong to Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association with the exception of being used with commercial purposes. Aktiffelsefe Cultural Associaiton can publish the works domestic and abroad, can exhibit them, can use them in the published media such as books, catalogs, magazines etc., can send to another association abroad for publishing or exhibiting without commercial purposes. The cartoonist has all the publishing and commercial rights. The cartoons exhibited will be collected in a festival catalog and the news in the press with this catalog will be announced on the website of Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association (www.aktiffelsefe.org) and on the website of the cartoon festival (www.cartoonfest.org). Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association is responsible for its own sharings.
DEADLINE 1. The deadline for the cartoons to arrive to the Organizing Committee of the Cartoon Festival is November 26, 2020. WHAT IS AKTIFFELSEFE CULTURAL ASSOCIATION? Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association is a philosophical-cultural movement which was founded in 1989. It has no commercial, political and religious purposes and it is formed by volunteers. Aktiffelsefe contributes to the society with public interest activities, to the cultural World with cultural activities, to the nature with ecology activities and to the people in need in emergencies with GEA search and rescue activities. Aktiffelsefe does all these activities based on universal principles:
• To integrate the people having different beliefs, societies and social status with the nature and the active-philosophical unity ideal. • To provide a wholistic view by investigating comparatively the arts, sciences, beliefs and philosophies.
• To make it possible for the people to know themselves in order to develop their potentials and integrate them with nature. Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association Eskisehir Branch Public Relations Unit Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association Vişnelik Mah. Gül Sok. No:18 26020 Odunpazarı - Eskişehir / TURKEY Tel: +90 222 220 51 66 Whatsapp: +90 553 167 26 93 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.cartoonfest.org For your questions, you can send e-mail or phone between 09.00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.