Jiaxing International Cartoon Biennale of China is an influential thematic cartoon exhibition known both at home and abroad. This exhibition has played an important role in promoting cartoon and fine art, enhancing international cultural exchange and cooperation and improving city image as well. With the joint effort of both China Artists Association and the Municipal Government of Jiaxing, the 9th Jiaxing International Cartoon Biennale of China will be held in Jiaxing. Now we are seeking
the worlds artists to display their masterpieces.
I Organizing institutions:
1.Organizers: China Artists Association, the Municipal Government of Jiaxing
2.Co-organizers: Cartoon Committee of China Artists Association, Zhejiang Artists Association, Jiaxing Federation of Literary and Art Circles, Jiaxing Municipal Administration of Culture, Broadcasting, Television, Press & Publication, Chinese Comic Base
3.Executive Supporters: Jiaxing Art Museum, Jiaxing Artists Association
4.Coordinators: Zhejiang Cartoonists Association, and other Jiaxing
II Exhibition Organizing Committee:
Directors: Xu Li,Mao Hongfang
Associate directors: Xu Pengfei,Zhu Yawei,Xing Haihua
Secretaries-general: Li Wei,Guo Baodong,Wang
Deputy Secretaries-general: Jin Qinlong?Wang Yiwei
Committee Members (in surname stroke order): Ma
Xuewen,Chen Shuanghu,Chen Yunfei,Chen Jianjiang,Hu
Jing,Xian Yi,Yu Zhida,He Xuan,Ling Jiachun
Exhibition Office Directors: Xian Yi?Hu Jing,Chen Jianjiang
Exhibition Office Associate Directors: He Xuan,Chen Shuanghu
Exhibition Editors: Yang Lei,Ling Jiachun,Ma Xuewen
III The Selection Committee consists of experts chosen from the expert library by China Artists Association
IV Exhibition Theme: Smart City
With the development of technology, artificial intelligence has gradually become a new trend of urban development. Better intelligence, better life.
V Time of Exhibition: October, 2019
VI Exhibition Venue: Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China
VII Exhibition Scale: 180 pieces of works will be chosen to be displayed in the Biennale, including 120 pieces of single grid comics and 60 pieces of multigrid comics. (including more than 10 pieces of manga stories)
VIII Artists Awards:
1. All 180 pieces of works selected will be collected by Jiaxing Art Museum. Top 40 works (the prize money before tax for 30 pieces of single grid comics will be RMB 3,800 per piece; 10 pieces of multi grid comics will be RMB 6500 per piece) and the other 140 selected works (the prize money before tax for 90 pieces of single grid comics will be RMB 1,800 per piece; 50 pieces of multi grid comics will be RMB 3800 per pieces) will be rewarded. For artists outside China, the prize money will be converted to US dollars with the current exchange rate. For artists who cannot receive remittance from any Chinese banks, an object with the value equivalent to the corresponding prize money will be sent by the organizer.
2. An album will be made and sent to each artist who contributes works to the exhibition.
3 . The organizing committee will offer certificates to participating artists in the biennale.
1. Categories: Works submitted can either be theme-based or free style.
2. Work Information: Every participant can submit a maximum of 4 pieces of works, either vertical or horizontal works are accepted. The size of works must be within 420×300mm (the size of Chinese ink cartoon must be within 500×350mm), and the back of the work must be signed in Chinese with the following information: the painters nationality, name, category and ,title of the work, address, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number, a photocopy of the painters ID card, bank name and personal account (
artists outside mainland China should provide remittance address, a photocopy of the passport, bank name, bank SWIFT code and personal account). Please do make sure of all the information so that itll be convenient to contact, send work albums, certificates and remittance etc.
We will not resend any work albums, certificates and collection remuneration due to the failure of delivery thereof caused by incorrect information supplied by the participating artists.
3. Work Submission: The artists outside mainland China should send the original hand-drawn version of the work which will be returned to the artist if not selected.
Mainland China artists can either send hand-drawn works or submit 10-inch photo works. If the photo works pass the preliminary screening process, we will notify the artists to send the hand-drawn version to compete in the forthcoming contest.
4. The Deadline: From now on to May 30th, 2019 (according to the postmarks).
5. Contact information:
Contact: Mr. Wang Xinyu/Ms. Liu Ping
Address: Jiaxing Art Museum, No.28 Zhonghe Road, Nanhu District,
Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China
Zip code: 314000
* Rights of the Organizer: The organizer shall reserve the rights of exhibiting, researching, photographing, videoing, publishing and promoting all works selected by the
* Artists who submits works to the Biennale shall be deemed as acceptance to all the regulations included in this notice. The Organizing Committee shall reserve all the rights of interpretation to all the articles above.
The Organizing Committee of the 9 th Jiaxing International Cartoon Biennale of China